FEBRUARY 17

1939 Friday 12:35 - and I'm in need of some sort of moral support - badly! - W. heckled me all day - I don't know if he deliberately tried to, but he certainly did a swell job. I think I'd rather go with him to the J.S. than w/ anyone! I sewed on my black dress.
1940 Saturday 11:45 Got about 5 panels pasted... I will have to do lots tomorrow. Howard is perfectly swell about stuff. I can't blame him... I don't give a hoot for the other guys, though...
1941 Mon. Still haven't actually any plays picked... All the good ones are "Royalty" - Sat downstairs and read to Mrs. R. ...Dr. gave us our usual "nightcap"... They are so sweet to me. Didn't hear from Gramskon yet ? ? ? ?
1942 10:45 Eleanor had us over for dinner tonight. She is really ecstatic. I'm so darn glad. We had a lovely dinner. Washed dishes. Should write to Michael... It's cold... Guess I'll read Test. Depressing Faculty meeting. Odd how - quickly I can forgive Leonard for anything.
1943 WED I DIDN'T GO TO ROCKEFELLER Center WITH BOB + PEG ALTHOUGH THEY SEEMED SINCERE ABOUT WANTING ME..  Lois WAS SUPPOSED TO CALL, BUT DIDN'T... WE ATE UP AT THE SANDWICH SHOP... I INVESTIGATED AN AD (A POOP) AND TESTED AT THE AGENCY - WHICH LOOKS SWELL AND THEY WERE KEEN TO ME; SAID I COULD LAND A GOOD JOB (I HOPE SO) WE HAD A GOOD DINNER AT Toffeneti's. WHICH I ENJOYED - BOB IS WONDERFUL. PEG IS CRAZY ABOUT HIM + I DON'T BLAME HER.