FEBRUARY 1

1939 11:55 First real blizzard we've had. We had an awful time getting out to class tonight - Ice + wind + snow - and I was already for Spring! Wyman has gone through a lot these days of election + campaigning. He's been hurt badly. I wish I had the nerve to tell him how I feel. I told Mr. Eide about my chance at Fantles - He has  a lot of faith in me. -
1940 Thurs Another S.F.C. victory... and my dollar (bet w/ Spitznagel) gone with the wind! - He bought me a piece of apple pie in the palace with S.F.C. written on it in whipped cream... W e all had dinner over at B. Edwards. This time Marie came!
1941 AND AGAIN HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF. WENT TO GAME WITH STAN... WE TALKED UNTIL NOW - HE IS SWELL.. G WAS PERFECT... SUGGESTED $100 ADJUSTMENT... SAW PEOPLE.... GOOD TO FEEL YOU ARE MISSED... SHOULD HAVE TALKED TO BOB MORE... 
1942 Sun Raw prunes - ngha - DJ + Billy + I went to Dive Bomber at the Orpheum - That damn remark Larsen made about Leonard's being a "heavy lover" stuck in my mind all day - Damn it.
1943 MON. A REITERATION OF AN EXPERIENCE WE HAVE SHARED BEFORE, AND WILL PROBABLY NOT FEEL AGAIN FOR SOMETIME.... I TOLD Leonard THAT IF HE EVER FELT HE NEEDED ME,  I WOULD COME TO HIM... AND I WOULD... I HAD DINNER AT THE JAVA ROOM with D.J. - LEONARD HAD DESSERT WITH US, AND THEN BOUGHT US SOME Port. WE WENT TO A DANCE, A FOR A WHILE; THEN CAME HOME - EVERY THING IS BEAUTIFUL and FINE... AND RIGHT...